Emergency Dentist in Mackay
If you have chipped or broken a tooth as a result of an accident or injury, it is very important that you see a dentist as soon as possible. The same goes for one or more knocked out teeth. The sooner you are seen by a dental professional the better the chances that the teeth could be re-implanted, depending on the severity of your injury.
Here are some of the steps an emergency dental appointment might cover:
- A thorough examination of the injured area will be undertaken. This may include dental x-rays to determine the extent of the damage.
- Depending on the severity of the pain, the area will be numbed with local anaesthetic.
- The injured area will be sterilised to reduce the risk of infection.
- The damaged teeth will be restored temporarily or permanently, depending on the case.
- In severe cases the affected tooth may require extraction and options for replacing the tooth will be discussed.
At our practice we offer appointments for all dental emergencies from toothache to lost or broken crowns, chipped teeth and fillings to abscesses, trauma, avulsed teeth and facial swelling. We can take care of your injuries to ensure you heal quicker, ensuring that you avoid additional dental problems and complications in the future.
If you have a dental emergency then please contact us for help.
We care deeply about all our patients and will do our best to see you as soon as possible, usually on the same day to relieve discomfort and pain. We can also offer you advice on how to deal with the problem until you can come in to see us. If we are busy, we will try to accommodate you at our other practice at Walkerston Dental (Phone: 4959 3044) at 13, Dutton Street (Walkerston GP Superclinic), Walkerston.